Agenda at a Glance
Day 1 — Talent Data
Monday, July 19, 2021
All times are in Pacific Standard Time.
CEO + Principal Strategist
Director of Global Talent Attraction
Implementing a process supported with the right resources is key to a successful talent acquisition strategy. Data collection is a critical element. Using that data to make hiring decisions is invaluable. Join us for this insightful session with TA pro Myranda Czubak, Director of Talent Acquisition and Development at Waterford.org. Myranda will discuss how to standardize interview questions and identify position competencies, utilize a candidate score, reference data to use to compare candidates' scores internally and externally, and share the tools used to remove gender, age and racial language from job postings based on data collected.
Director of Talent Acquisition and Development
Keeping with the theme of TA Week, Utilize Innovative Strategies Tools and Technology to Reimagine Talent Acquisition, in this session, we will spend time rethinking and reimagining analytics for talent acquisition. We will first quickly acquaint ourselves with Artificial Intelligence and its increasing relevance in Human Resources and Workforce Development. We will then spend some time examining the challenges associated with using AI for People Analytics and Research, particularly delving into some examples where AI has perpetuated bias. We will then reimagine TA contexts by approaching them through a Mixed Methods lens to problem-solving, while critically examining the limitations of singular methods or narratives. In this talk, we will also deliberate on the need for learning agility among TA professionals and strategize how some of us can prioritize lifelong learning and contribute the most to our field. Bring your thinking hats and your questions!
Manager, Global People Research & Analytics
The best decisions are made by relying on both data and intuition. Gaining buy-in for talent acquisition business initiatives requires ethos (creditability), pathos (emotions) and logos (logic). Using a data approach appeals to logic, which is essential. In this session, panelists will share their perspectives on how to ensure strategic talent acquisition decision making.
Head of Talent Acquisition and Learning
Senior Director, Talent Acquisition
Day 2 — Social Recruiting
Tuesday, July 20, 2021
Talent Acquisition Lead
Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition
Sr. Manager, Global Employer Brand and Recruitment Marketing
Director of Recruiting Services
Great Clips, Inc.
TAS, HCS, President and Board Member
Senior Manager, Talent Attraction
Day 3 — Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Wednesday, July 21, 2021
True diversity and inclusion are not ‘check-the-box’ activities. It’s a process. Identifying the steps and parameters early on makes all the difference in effective inclusion and diversity talent acquisition strategies. Join Ryan Mitchell, Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at CBRE to discuss the life cycle of DEI from frameworks to implement beforehand to management training.
Director, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
VP, Global Talent Acquisition & Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, Human Resources
Director of Talent Acquisition and Development
PSA Airlines, Inc.
In this session, Diane Circo, Head of TA at Siemens will discuss:
- How to clear barriers and widen the talent aperture almost immediately and with no additional cost (other than mindset change, which is FREE!)
- Consider practical Talent Acquisition strategy building blocks that can help any TA team diversify candidate pools
- Get real-life tips and examples of how to create and maintain a truly inclusive candidate experience
- Learn how to engage hiring managers as partners in the effort to create a diverse workforce
Head of US Talent Acquisition
Day 4 — Employer Branding
Thursday, July 22, 2021
Keynote: Topic TBA
Our focus during the pandemic was on team culture, ensuring inclusion and support for our team. Like many others, pre-pandemic our team worked in the office but became completely remote. While some will eventually go back to the office, some have moved and will be permanently remote. In this session, Nicola Smith, VP of TA at Visual Concepts will share her story and discuss:
Steps and strategy on how to move forward and past the pandemic
What will working life and culture look like with a distributed workforce across remote and onsite roles
Resurgence from the pandemic
Support to your individual employees and the overall team for mental and other effects they are experiencing
Vice President, Talent Acquisition
Senior Manager, Employer Brand
Do you want more women? More veterans? More diverse applicants? Do you want the best talent in the marketplace? Do you also want them to perform at the top of their game and become stellar brand ambassadors?
If you’re not already achieving the results you want, in a world that’s just been through the events of 2020, it could well be time to rethink your approach to employer brand.
Yes, I will touch on the importance of a ‘Give & Get’ in your EVP, but now I want to cut through the noise, the rhetoric, and old ways of thinking about what your employer brand is capable of.
The world has radically changed. Employer brand is more important than ever before, and so, it’s time to think differently if you’re going to remain relevant to your audience and aligned to your organization.
Join this session and you will leave with all-new ideas, strategies, and tactics that you will run home to start work on immediately.
CEO and Founder
- Employer Branding in the Digital Age – How can companies utilize digital branding to attract Early Career talent to their organizations. How did Zebra overcome social media strategies without being able to utilize new social media apps?
- Connecting and Attracting the next generation – How did Zebra create and adjust recruitment and branding strategies to a generation who are connecting differently than other generations. How did Zebra tackle building a DEI employer branding strategy on campus without having a formalized EVP?
- Zebra’s Five Year Early Careers Journey – Zebra is approaching four years since the Early Careers program has launched come learn more about what struggles occurred, how we overcame them, and tackle some big wins as we enter our fifth year.
Global Employer Brand Advisor
Zebra Technologies Corporation
- Ensure a personalized approach to candidate experience
- Create engagement and an emotional connection from the start of the process
- Leverage technology to ensure proper communication and updates
- Provide and excellent candidate experience regardless of the outcome of the process
- Treat a candidates as customers
- Engage the individual and family during candidate and new hire experience
- Consider strategic impact and return on investments (ROI) when factoring in cost per hire
Director of Talent Acquisition
Senior Manager, Employer Branding
Global Head, Talent Acquisition Program Office
Senior Manager - Talent Marketing & Employer Brand
Manager, Talent Acquisition Operations
Global Head of Talent Acquisition
Demonstrating your company through video is not a new concept, but what’s new is demonstrating a virtual and in-person workforce to demonstrate the current story of the organization, mission, and strong culture even if we are not together.
Employer Brand Leader
Eli Lilly & Company
Day 5 — Sourcing
Friday, July 23, 2021
Senior Sourcing Recruiter
Amazon Web Services
In this session, Monica Bowen, Director of Talent Acquisition at JAMS will discuss how the company adjusted their strategy to source a new generation of candidates that communicate in different digital ways. She will share how a lean team of just a few staff have achieved big wins and encountered some stumbles along the way. Key talking points include:
Tools for creating the ideal candidate persona for a great hire
Tips for gaining persona engagement
How to craft personalized email sequences
Tips to connect with and nurture passive candidates and respect candidates’ time
Director of Talent Acquisition
Sr Strategic Sourcer